Monday, April 7, 2008

Hard Lessons

So...I have learned the greatest lesson yet. Last Thursday, it was late and I was tired, I sat in bed with my laptop, after having finished "Thing #18" and was trying to delete a previous blog post. I couldn't figure out how to do it, so I went to the "HELP" section and noted that others had had the same problem that I was having. They said that the delete button could easily be found in the "dashhboard." I found a "delete" button. I opened the post that I wanted to delete and hit "delete." I was even asked if I was sure I wanted to delete this BLOG. Yep, I wanted to delete this blog POST, so without giving it a second thought, I clicked on "yes." Need I say more? I deleted the entire blog. I immediately e-mailed "blogger." I called my son at college in tears. He e-mailed "blogger." I e-mailed the IT guy at my school. I tried everything I knew. I was sick. I did not sleep one wink that night. The next day our IT guy tried everything he knew and said that he "didn't have a good feeling about this." He e-mailed "blogger." I called the "Geek Squad." They said they couldn't help. The only hope was if "blogger" backed up its server. I pretty much gave up then. I honestly started to go through the grieving process. Not that it mattered to anyone but me. I was just having so much learning about all of the Web 2.0 tools and was determined to see the project through.

Monday morning...still no response from "blogger." Then Deanna, the Goddess, e-mailed me and said that she had found my blog cached on Google through #15. The IT guy and I had tried to see if we could find it cached somewhere and had had no luck. Deanna agreed to work with me on this. HOPE was born. I set up a new blog and decided to complete this project.

Lessons learned:

SLOW DOWN!
Never blog in bed.
Don't give up!
Praise Deanna - big time!

No comments: