Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Thing #18 - YouTube & Other Online Video



This is in honor of Karlyn, a fellow staffer who runs our Break Dancing Club. I looked at several break dancing videos, but I thought that this was appropriate for high schoolers. I also found a great video called "Introducing the Book" on Google Video, which would be hilarious to use in my first book talks with students - this is how you read a book - kind of how many of my parents' generation feel about using a computer. Funny! We do block "YouTube" (I thought it was interesting that many of the video sites linked back to YouTube, which is "king") at our school so I had to do this part of the project at home. It was much easier than I expected!

P.S. On Google Video, did anyone else watch the "Student and Teacher Fight in Classroom"? Yikes! I would have given the cell phone back and left the classroom and gone for help.

No comments: